Dual-screen cash registers are more common in various scenarios. Does the cash register in every store require dual displays? How could you tell whether your store needs a single-screen cash register or a dual-screen one? Take your time and make up your mind after reading this article！
Why more businesses are pleased to introduce dual-screen cash registers?
- Streamline the checkout process. As its name indicates, the dual-screen cash register has 2 displays. The main screen, or the user-facing display, is for the cashiers to operate. The secondary screen, or the customer-facing display, where customers could catch the cashier’s mistakes, if any. With a secondary display, the checkout process is much smoother and time-saving for the reason that customers don’t have to wait until the minute they get the receipt to discover errors in order messages.
- QR-code scanning payment. QR codes are having a wider application nowadays and most smartphones in the market support QR code scanning and decoding. When the order is completed, the QR code for customers to scan and pay is automatically generated and displayed on the secondary screen so that customers can quickly complete their payments.
- Digital signage. In addition to displaying the order and payment details, the customer-facing display can be used as digital signage to display advertisements, promotion news, etc. The vivid image display helps strengthen customers’ impression of the brand and stimulate their loyalty, which can be an efficient marketing method.
Does every store require a dual-screen cash register?
The answer to this question is of course not. The customer-facing display can push customer interaction to the next level, but this does not mean it’s a necessity for every smart cash register. Whether to introduce dual-screen cash registers depend on the specific needs of the store.
How to tell whether your store needs a single-screen or dual-screen cash register?
- Understand your budget. Since the dual-screen cash register has a higher material cost and transportation cost, the price of a dual-display POS terminal is higher than a single-screen POS. It’s advised that you set up a psychologically affordable price and hardware configuration before starting to select. If you have a limited budget, purchasing a single-display cash register will let you obtain a higher configuration and enjoy a smoother user experience.
- Know your store positioning. Relatively speaking, stores in the catering industry have a greater demand for dual-display POS than stores in the retail industry. In restaurants, customers could confirm whether the cashier recorded the right dishes that they order, just when they are ordering. If your store doesn’t need so many interactions, it won’t be necessary for you to purchase a dual-screen cash register to improve the interaction level.
- Understand the payment habits of your customers. Is QR code payment popular in your area? Could your customers accept self-service scanning the QR codes to pay for their orders? If the answers to these two questions are both yes, you could safely opt for a dual-screen cash register.
If you are selecting a dual-screen cash register, consider the Telpo C8!
Telpo C8 is a smart cash register that can offer a wide variety of screen combination options that can adapt to various scenarios. Customers can freely select from the 5 choices.
- 15.6-inch single screen. The customer-facing display is an optional choice for customers. On the 15.6-inch display with 1920*1080 resolution, the staff could smoothly operate the POS terminal, which helps improve the working efficiency.
- 15.6-inch main screen + Nixie tube. It’s the simplest dual-screen option. The Nixie tube can clearly display the amount that customers should pay. This screen combination option can be perfectly integrated into retail scenarios.
- 15.6-inch main screen + 10.1-inch secondary screen. The staff could have an easy-to-use operation experience on the large screen and customers are able to enjoy a clear viewing experience on the smaller secondary display.
- 15.6-inch main screen + 15.6-inch secondary screen. The dual large-screen design offers an intuitive operation experience to both cashiers and customers.
- 15.6-inch main screen + 15.6-inch secondary portrait screen. It is another dual large-screen option. The business operators could choose according to their actual needs.
Of course, in addition to a wide variety of customer-facing screen options, Telpo cash register C8 has more advantages. For example, its bracket is foldable and saves more transportation costs. Telpo C8 adapts a modular design to satisfy more requirements.
Telpo is a smart terminal and solution provider with 24-year manufacturing and customization experience. With 28+ overseas service centers, Telpo supports 7/24 technical support. Welcome to contact us for more details.
Tag: dual-screen cash register, cash register, smart cash register, POS terminal